FWTN Stake Youth Conference 2020 March 12-14 @Worth Ranch, Palo Pinto
YC Theme: GO and Do!
1 Nephi 3:7 I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded.
The purposes of youth conferences are to help youth build faith in Jesus Christ, strengthen their testimonies, develop talents, make new friends, and have fun with youth who share similar beliefs and standards.
Ward Leader’s packing list
- Tents – enough for your youth and adults in your ward. Boy and girl camp sites are separate.
- Ground covers for under tents
- First Aid Kit – bandages, pain meds, Benadryl
- Garbage Bags – We have to carry our trash out
- 5-gallon water jug that you can use to refill water bottles
- Day pack to carry stuff needed from place to place
- Lanterns for camp site at night
- Canopy Tent & folding table for ward gathering
- Dinner for your ward on Friday
- Supplies for your ward’s Friday rotation activity
Optional additional items
- Folding table/tables for camp site
- Snacks for your ward (youth are encouraged to bring their own)
- Brooms/dust pans for tent clean-out
- Extension cords/power strips (not a lot of electricity outlets around, and there is none in the campsites)
It may be a good idea to have a tent sign-up for each ward (boys and girls) before you get to camp, then there are no questions where anyone is sleeping when you get there. And it will make sure the no one is left out.
Per Handbook 2: When staying in tents, youth may not stay in the same tent as an adult unless (1) the adult is his or her parent or guardian or (2) there are at least two adults in the tent who are the same gender as the youth.
Youth Conference Packing List – All Attendees
Personal Items- mark everything with your name and ward
- Backpack (to carry water bottle, scriptures, flashlight, journal, pen & snacks)
- Book of Mormon time-period clothing for Friday (no sandals)
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss
- Wet Wipes/Wash Cloth – no showering available
- Comb/brush, hair bands, hat, bandana, ect…
- (Girls)- Feminine Hygiene needs
- Medications if needed-can be given to nurse upon getting to YC
- Mirror, dry shampoo, perfume/cologne if desired
- Insect Repellant, sun screen
- Long pants – no shorts allowed
- 3 shirts – can get dirty, one for dance if wanted
- Modest PJ’s – no tank tops or short shorts (it will be cool at night)
- Jacket/Coat, Rain Gear (poncho and boots) in case of rain
- Sturdy walking/hiking shoes, closed toed (lots of hiking) No Sandals
- Several pairs of socks
- Scriptures, Journal, Pen
- Bag for dirty laundry
- Hand Sanitizer
- Work gloves for service project
- No Headphones Allowed
Camp Gear-THEY ARE CAMPING AND SLEEPING IN TENTS ON THE GROUND *REQUIRED*
- Sleeping Bag
- Camp Chair
- Water bottle or canteen
- Flashlight and batteries
Optional Packing Items
- Snacks (must be in sealed containers because of animals/bugs)
- Mat/foam pad to sleep on
Cellphone Policy: We are encouraging the youth to leave their cell phones at home. If they bring them, we will be asking them to turn them off and keep them in their backpacks while they are participating at YC. There is not much service, if any, in most areas of camp. We want them to be able to feel the spirit and really think about what is being represented at this special youth conference. Thank you for helping us make this a great experience for all!
- Prepare a 5-minute play based on an event or theme from the Book of Mormon. Every youth from your ward should be involved, either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. Youth can help with script, costumes, props, music, editing, directing, etc. This will be filmed prior to Youth Conference and submitted to stake (submission details to follow). The script should be approved by the bishopric. The Book of Mormon story does not have to be the same as the rotation activity. Send video in a MP4 or MOV format to Brother Hanson (email@example.com) by February 22.
- Prepare a 30-minute rotation activity to go with the scripture story that was chosen by your ward. Activity should also have a doctrinal mastery tie in. Maybe a game, lesson, trick to remember the mastery scripture or maybe the mastery scripture ties into the activity.
— Ward adult leaders should prepare & run the activity 10 times during the day on Friday. (The youth will be rotating through activities and not be available to run the rotation.) Let us know what type of area you will need to run this activity (wooded, grass, rocky, etc.)
- Provide 1 couple from your ward to be youth group leaders for the Friday rotations. This couple will be at YC all 3 days, and they will be essential to help lead a youth group on Friday, and provide chaperone coverage at night.
- Provide 2 patrol leaders 1 YM & 1 YW to represent wards at a brief morning meeting with the stake.
- Gather tents & supplies for camping. The young men and young women in your wards will set up camp in 2 separate areas — provide enough adult leaders to chaperone in both camping areas.
- Coordinate transportation to & from Youth Conference. Thursday-Arrive at Worth Ranch at 2:00pm. Depart camp approximately at 11:00am on Saturday.
- Coordinate & prepare dinner for your ward on Thursday evening. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Friday, and Breakfast on Saturday will be provided by the stake.
- Evenings & mornings should include a prayer and spiritual thought, specifically for your own youth.
- Thursday and Friday evenings from 9:00-10:00 will be reserved for ward time. This is an opportunity to re-cap the day and allow sharing.
- Utilize your youth to help with planning Thursday night dinner, gathering camp supplies & costumes. You may want to consider have ward YC subcommittees. (Example: 2 adult leaders and 3 youth –responsible for making sure everyone has camp supplies)
- Youth Conference Supply List for ward & youth will be distributed soon 🙂